Re: [hylafax-users] Blocking calls based on DNIS/DID

On 2003.08.08 16:38 mazi farhang wrote:

> In reading through the documentation and the mailing
> lists, I only saw how blocking would be accomplished
> based on Caller ID and/or sending fax machine ID.

It depends on what documentation you read.  HylaFAX has been around a
while and DID support is relatively new.  Because DID is (when useful)
presented to HylaFAX very similar to the way that CID is, DID support
is wrapped up with CID support.  In other words 'man cid' and 'man
hylafax-config' under "QualifyCID", "CIDName", and "CIDNumber" are your
friends.  All of those should not be Caller-ID-specific.

> would assume that the first may be possible without
> answering the call, but not the second.

Correct, the call must be answered to get TSI.

> In my case, I am trying to block a call based on
> DNIS/DID.  I could not find any info on DNIS/DID,
> except how to route a fax once it has been received
> based on these values.

If you can configure it to route a fax based on DID then you can also
block by it because your QualifyCID (etc/cid) file must be configured
for it to work.

> Please be kind enough to point
> me in the right direction so that I know where to
> look.

Any current HylaFAX documentation you read on CID also applies to DID.
Start with 'man cid'.

> Also, if you have any technical reasons for
> choosing DNIS over DID (or vice versa), I would
> appreciate hearing about it, so that we could bring
> that into the decision making process.

I'm not the one to answer that, sorry.

Lee.