Re: [hylafax-users] Reg. running multiple instances of hylafax

On 2003.08.08 09:52 Susan Parker wrote:
> Hi,
> I have been using hylafax sometime without any problem. I just have
> this one question since i am not sure if i can do it with hylafax. I
> have connected a RocketModem II 6 port Modem to my Red Hat 8.0 Machine
> on which Hylafax is installed.
>
> My environment for hylafax is simply receiving faxes all the time, so
> the hylafax scheduler just monitors all the six incoming fone lines
> for incoming faxes. My questions are,

Actually the HylaFAX scheduler (faxq) only deals with outgoing faxes.
In your case you could not even run faxq and see no difference.

> 1. Is it possible to get multiple instances of hylafax running on the
> machine so that one instance monitors 3 fone lines and the other one
> monitors the other three fone lines.

Not sure what the difference between a fone line and a phone line is,
but...

Only one faxq can be running at a time.

Lee.