Re: [hylafax-users] Multitech MT5634ZPX-PCI config

> >- Hyla working with new (G3/14400) but not with old (9600).
> >- receiving pages with random stripes even when sending a blank page
>
> >Don't know the firmware of the modem as i just plugged it in out of the
box,
> >any AT command i can run the help you some more ?
> You can find out how to query firmware here (ie: ati0i1i2i3)
> http://www.multitech.com/SUPPORT/Firmware/determine.asp#modems
> then look here to see if an upgrade is available
> http://www.multitech.com/SUPPORT/MultiModemZPX/firmware.asp

Ok looked it up and the modem is running the latest firmware:

LT V.90 1.0 MT5634ZPX-PCI Internal Data/Fax/Voice Modem Version 8.19i

> >ModemType:              Class1          # use this to supply a hint
> >Class1TCFRecvHack:      yes             # avoid +FCERROR before TCF
> ># Class1MsgRecvHackCmd: AT+FRS=1        # avoid +FCERROR before image

> You configured it in class1, and it's ok, however this modem can do many
> more things if you use it in class2.1 with latest firmware (ecm, 33k,
> realtime compression).
>
> You can try setting it into class 2.1 and see if problems are solved; then
> try upgrading firmware.

Tried putting in class2.1 but then modem goes wedged, same goes for class2.0

Class2 modem goes nicely into running and idle same for class1.

Will Class2 solve my 'old' fax problems maybe ?

Thanks so far!

Greetings,

Tjardick