Re: [hylafax-users] Multitech MT5634ZPX-PCI config

> >Been playing around for quite some time with hylafax and this
> modem, but i
> >keep running into strange problems.
> Define "strange problems".

- Hyla working with new (G3/14400) but not with old (9600).
- receiving pages with random stripes even when sending a blank page

> Show your config file and HylaFAX version, os type/version, firmware
> revision of your modem.
>
> Latest HylaFAX versions should support it out of the box.

I installed the 4.1.6. (hylafax-4.1.6-1rh7.i386.rpm) on a RedHat 7.3:

uname -a
Linux nitrogen 2.4.18-27.7.x #1 Fri Mar 14 06:44:53 EST 2003 i686 unknown

Don't know the firmware of the modem as i just plugged it in out of the box,
any AT command i can run the help you some more ?

here's my current config.ttyS4, i moved back to the standard faxaddmodem
one...

#
CountryCode:            44
AreaCode:               0871
FAXNumber:              5750210
LongDistancePrefix:
InternationalPrefix:    00
DialStringRules:        etc/dialrules
ServerTracing:          1
SessionTracing:         11
RecvFileMode:           0600
LogFileMode:            0600
DeviceMode:             0600
RingsBeforeAnswer:      3
SpeakerVolume:          off
GettyArgs:              "-h %l dx_%s"
LocalIdentifier:        "GoneGardening limited"
TagLineFont:            etc/lutRS18.pcf
TagLineFormat:          "From %%l|%c|Page %%P of %%T"
MaxRecvPages:           25
#

ModemType:              Class1          # use this to supply a hint
Class1TCFRecvHack:      yes             # avoid +FCERROR before TCF
# Class1MsgRecvHackCmd: AT+FRS=1        # avoid +FCERROR before image

Thanks in advance,

Tjardick