Re: [hylafax-users] Some fail with: No response to MPS repeated 3 times

Hi

Thanks for your replies.

I just wanted to say a got it to work after doing the following.
* Downgraded to 4.1.1
* Set hardware control explicit when talking to modem
* Switched from faxgetty to faxmodem.

I think the last thing was the trick becuase a never got the SessionTracing to work with faxgetty either. I don't know i step 1 and 2 really made any difference.

The reason I tried downgrading was that it has worked before on exactly the same hardware and RedHat 7.2. After a disk crash I installed everything again on RedHat 9.0 and got the problems.

 > I have tested class 2.0 and class 1, hylafax 4.1.5 and hylafax 4.1.6
> > and the problem is always their.
>
> Trying to use Class 2.0 with USRs is pretty much a waste of effort.  If
> you have problems with fax protocol and Class 1, please post a session
> log with SessionTracing set to 0xFFF.  If the error is "no response to
> MPS or EOP" it also helps if you can say what happens on the other side
> (whether or not they get any image).

On the other side they received only the first page multiple times. I never got tracing to work so I can't provide a log.

Greetings

Daniel Carlsson