Re: [hylafax-users] permission problems ?

EIa, um netrabo! (kidding)

--- Alexandre Pedro <alexandre.pedro@netcabo.pt>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed HylaFax 4.1.6 on RH 9.0, and configured
> it to both send and receive.
> I can send send, I can receive but I can't access my
> incoming faxes. The incoming fax remains in
> var/spool/hylafax/recvq as it should, I get a
> notification by email but I have no access to those
> faxes.

Well, if you pretend access the files like "windows
neighbourwood" you must change the file permissions in
your config.ttySx modem files. Something like 0644.
By notification I presume you pick the ftp links and
nothing happened right?

> In FaxDispatch the filetype is set to pdf and the
> pdf I receive in the notification email is empty :(
> The conversion utilities are there.

Are you sure that metamail is installed? Or you get
the ftp links?

> Should the receiving faxes remaing with uucp user
> and group ? I even tried to change the RecvFileMode
> to other less secure permissions than 600 but no
> luck.

Oos, you changed the permissions...well, read above
about the ftp links. I bet you will find yourself
changing the faxrcvd script at the end :-).