Re: [hylafax-users] dialrules config problems

On 2003.07.09 10:39 Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 11:21:54AM -0700, Lee Howard wrote:

> > You'll want to expand the lines:
> >
> > ^[+]1727535		= 535			! local call,
> 7-digit
> > call
> > ^[+]1813555		= 813555		! local call,
> 10-digit
> > call
> >
> > To include every prefix in the 727 and 813 area codes which are
> local.
> > Referring to your local telephone book should provide these.
> > Unfortunately, this intelligence must be programmed-in, and I don't
> > know any other easy way around it unless the local prefixes are
> > sequential or something.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
>
> Alas, it does not.
>
> In these days, as I note, of competitive local exchange carriers,
> there
> is *no way that I know of* to get a listing of *all* local prefixes --
> especially since it varies from carrier to carrier.

Well, I don't know about your carrier, by my carrier provides me with a
phone book which has, near the beginning, a list of all the local
prefixes.  In Olympia there's a few dozen.  In Honolulu there's a few
hundred.  New prefixes are added all the time, and I have to update my
dialrules annually.  I also found them on the web one time... somewhere.

> I do see the alternative approach you're taking there, I just don't
> think I can acquire the data to do it.
>
> And besides, doing it that way *breaks* the few prefixes in 727 for
> which the +1 *is* required.

It shouldn't.  It doesn't here.  There are lots of prefixes in my area
code that are long distance and I get the 1 dialed just fine.

Lee.