Re: [hylafax-users] Relay-Fax and Hylafax

On 2003.07.08 15:12 Francesco wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i read the excellent document of Lee about integrating RelayFax and
> HylaFax-Server...

Thanks.

> i just want to ask you a question... can i insert as
> attachment Word/Excel Documents too, or only PDF, PS and txt document,
> for
> Fax conversion?

The RelayFax-to-HylaFAX process calls on sendfax.  HylaFAX server only
understands PDF, PS, and TIFF, but sendfax uses typerules to convert
other document types (such as ASCII text) to one of those formats.  So
if you can get a reliable Microsoft document conversion going (perhas
you'll want to look at the wv package) then yes.  I've not yet been
able to get anything "reliable" working - especially one that handles
embedded images and such as my clients are apt to send.

Lee.