Re: [hylafax-users] faxsend not being called by faxq

On 4 Jul 2003 at 10:02, Holger Raschke wrote:

> > i checked out the cvs,built hylafax set it up on a SuSE 8.1 System with self-
> > compiled 2.4.21-ac4 kernel. Ran faxsetup, start one faxgetty process via
> > inittab start the server via init-script Everything seems to work fine,status
> > is o.k for server and modem. i can transmit files to the server, the queue-file
> > is written correctly the job is marked as submitted by . But the faxsend
> > programm does not get called by faxq
> > (see attached logs). I can call faxsend manually and everything seems to work
>
> Is a "SendFaxCmd" defined in your config-file? Do the pathes match you
> system config?
I had the following line in the /var/spool/hylafax/etc/config
FaxSendCmd:		/usr/sbin/faxsend
Does it have to be SendFaxCmd?
man hylafax-server says in the sending-section that it has to be
FaxSendCmd in the faxq configureation file, which should be the one i used.
But after your mail i checked man hylafax-config which says
it should be SendFaxCmd ???
I tried the latter, but it did not work either.

> Are you logged in as "root" when you call faxsend manually?
yes

> Is faxsend executable and has the correct user rights?
what would be  the correct rights for it ?
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        20392 2003-06-27 08:31 /usr/sbin/faxsend

> Try again with "su uucp" and see what happens.
it does not work and the logs contain the following parts
what does seteuid root mean
Jul  4 10:42:27 faxserverneu FaxSend[2519]: /dev/ttyS0: seteuid root failed (Operation not permitted)
Jul  4 10:42:57 faxserverneu FaxSend[2519]: /dev/ttyS0: seteuid root failed (Operation not permitted)
Jul  4 10:43:27 faxserverneu FaxSend[2519]: /dev/ttyS0: seteuid root failed (Operation not permitted)
Jul  4 10:43:27 faxserverneu FaxSend[2519]: Unable to setup modem on /dev/ttyS0; giving up after 2 attempts
Jul  4 10:43:27 faxserverneu FaxQueuer[2351]: MODEM /dev/ttyS0 appears to be wedged
Jul  4 10:43:27 faxserverneu FaxQueuer[2351]: MODEM WEDGED: bin/wedged "ttyS0" "/dev/ttyS0"

ls -l for /dev/ttyS0 looks like this
faxserverneu:/var/spool/hylafax/etc # ls -l /dev/ttyS0
crw-------    1 uucp     uucp       4,  64 2003-07-04 10:46 /dev/ttyS0

> What does faxstat -s respond, if the job is in the que?

faxserverneu:/var/spool/hylafax # faxstat -s
HylaFAX scheduler on faxserverneu.hueper.de: Running
Modem ttyS0 (+49.xxx.xxx): Running and idle

JID  Pri S  Owner Number       Pages Dials     TTS Status
4    127 W   root xxxxx        0:0   1:12         No local dialtone

The one and only call was triggered manually as root
Regards Thomas

--
Thomas Kempf
Atelier Hueper