Re: [hylafax-users] faxsend not being called by faxq

> i checked out the cvs,built hylafax set it up on a SuSE 8.1 System with self-
> compiled 2.4.21-ac4 kernel. Ran faxsetup, start one faxgetty process via
> inittab start the server via init-script Everything seems to work fine,status
> is o.k for server and modem. i can transmit files to the server, the queue-file
> is written correctly the job is marked as submitted by . But the faxsend
> programm does not get called by faxq
> (see attached logs). I can call faxsend manually and everything seems to work

Is a "SendFaxCmd" defined in your config-file? Do the pathes match you
system config?

Are you logged in as "root" when you call faxsend manually?
Is faxsend executable and has the correct user rights?
Try again with "su uucp" and see what happens.

> fine (apart from the not hearing the local dialtone, which i think has nothing
> to do with my specific problem. Why doesn't  the server call faxsend?
> Did i forget something on setup ?
> Here some details:
>
> /etc/inittab
> mo:35:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty /dev/ttyS0

What does faxstat -s respond, if the job is in the que?

--
Holger