Re: [hylafax-users] What's required to make faxpolling work?

On 2003.07.03 16:20 Peter Christoph Alexander Bär wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> However, this raises a few questions for me:
>
> Is this so by standard or are there Class 2 modems supporting
> faxpolling?

There are Class 2 modems that support polling.  Yours doesn't appear to
be one of them.

> Do all Class 1 modems support faxpolling?

Yes, but not because the modems support it, but because HylaFAX
supports it.  HylaFAX does the protocol work in Class 1.

> As far as I know, adaptive answer support requires the modem to be run
>
> in Class 2 mode.

I cannot verify this one way or the other.

> Can I switch to Class 1 for polling jobs only, and
> how?

No, but you can switch to Class 1 for all "outbound" jobs by adding:

.*    ModemType = Class1

To your DestControls file.

Lee.