Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFax and AVM and RH

> I've read so many messages and still can't force my system to work as I want it ;)

Don't try to force it, just configure it ;-)

> During searching tips on hylafax news group, I found some email'a about AVM C4 and HylaFAx.
> Can anyone tell me how can I make my fax system working?
>
> 1) I use RH9 and have CAPI 2 modules - lsmod
>         capi
>         c4 ...

Did you install capi4linux from AVM?
Follow the documentation delivered with capi4linux.
There should be at least the modules:

     * c4
     * b1
     * capi
     * capifs
     * kernelcapi
     * capiutil

Check this with the installation instructions.

> 2) Card seems to work good - I can connect with pppd call isdn/avm - avm chaged to my local provider
>     capiinit shows:
>     c4    c4.bin    DSS1    -    -    -    -
>     c4       -         DSS1    -    -    -    -
>     c4       -         DSS1    -    -    -    -    P2P
>     c4       -         DSS1    -    -    -    -    P2P
>     is it good???

This depends on the kind of interface of your telephone provider:
The first 2 controllers are configured for point-to-multipoint line
(usually an end-user-interface), the second 2 controllers for
point-to-point line (provided by telephone installations). Which one is
correct for your site? Do you have a "mixed" installation?

How did you install capi4linux? with or without the "-ddi" option?

> 3) Installed capi4hylafax and hylafax - c2fax.... installed

In which sequence? Did you first install hylafax for c4h to recognize it?

> 4) But can't send and receive fax :((((

Is c2faxrecv running? There should be 10 threads.

> 5) c2faxsend -f TIFF -d 05294888 /usr/local/bin/fritz.tiff received in /var/log/messages:
>          kcapi: appl 3 up
>          kcapi: appl 3 down

What does the hylafax-log say? Which controller was used?

I suggest, that you read the documentation again carefully and follow
the installation instructions.

Please provide more information on the installed versions of hylafax,
rh, capi4linux, capi4hylafax (version and build information) for further
questions.

--
Holger