Re: [hylafax-users] [hylafax-users]

On Wed, 21 May 2003 13:42:16 +0300
"CHR. CHRYSANTHOU & ASSOCIATES" <chryslaw@chryslaw.com> wrote:

> Does anybody have a clue as to what this is? We are running debian woody and
> installing hylafax has been a dreadful experience:
>
> Warning: /etc/hylafax/getty-link does not exist or is not an executable
> program!
> >
> Warning: /etc/hylafax/vgetty-link does not exist or is not an executable
> program!
>
> Warning: /etc/hylafax/egetty-link does not exist or is not an executable
> program!

These warnings are of no concern.  They refer to optional programs that
HylaFAX can use to implement voice mail and other types of calls.

> Warning: Font metric information files were not found!
>
> FATAL ERROR: /usr/local/bin/gs does not exist or is not an executable
> program!

These warnings ARE of concern.  It means that ghostscript, a very important
component that HylaFAX uses, cannot be found.  To fix this, just install
ghostscript.

But I cannot go into all of the details.  This would just be duplicating
the information contained in the documentation, which, although it may
seem daunting to the novice, is absolutely vital to read.

Please study the HylaFAX documentation carefully.  You will thank yourself
later.

Frank Peters