Re: [hylafax-users] Cutting of image

On Wed, 14 May 2003 12:42:58 +1000
Steve Tempest <steve@suncoastdaily.com> wrote:

> I have tried using sendfax line as follows also
>  sendfax -n -B 14400 -s na-let -d 054795729 sd2.tif
> and have uploaded copy of transmission log file to the following address
> http://www.suncoastdaily.com/log.txt
>
> I have received all the faxes since your last email with the same result of
> image being chopped out.

I can't read your log file.  When I try to download, I get the error:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /log.txt on this server.

Anyway, to troubleshoot this problem will require an organized
approach.

In the first place, when a TIFF file is given to sendfax, it will
check it with the program tiffcheck.  If tiffcheck does not return
an "OK" message, then the TIFF file will be processed.  The original
file that you posted passed tiffcheck with an "OK."  You can try this
manually with the command:

tiffcheck -r 196 sd.tif

If tiffcheck returns an "OK," then the same file that you submitted
will be sent unaltered.  The files appear to be good, and HylaFAX
probably transmits them without problem.  The initial guess is that
the problem is with the receiving machine.

Are all files sent to this machine chopped or just the converted images?

What about different receiving machines?  If you don't have access to
another machine, send the same file to Kinko's or a similar establishment.

What about different fax programs?  Maybe using efax, which is very quick
to set up, will enable you to test the receiving machine.

If you have the time and the inclination, you should attempt to address
all of these variables.

Frank Peters