Re: [hylafax-users] Cutting of image

On Wed, 14 May 2003 11:15:06 +1000
Steve Tempest <steve@suncoastdaily.com> wrote:

> I have uploaded a copy of the tif file prior to transmission and have
> scanned and marked in highlighter the resulting fax with parts chopped
> out of it.
> i will ad that I can send this fax three times to the same fax machine
> and it chop's out the same part of the fax everytime.

Well, the following are just guesses.  I don't know enough about the
fax protocols to do any better.

I checked your original TIFF file with tiffinfo and it looks good,
except that the image length is 2292 and for a standard US Letter
paper size it should be 2156.

My guess is that the receiving machine is trying to fit things into
a US Letter paper size.

What are the capabilities of the receiving machine?  Can it accept
unlimited page length?  The HylaFAX logs should tell you this.

You may want to try to clip or reduce your image to fit the US
Letter paper size of 1728 x 2156 and then re-send to the problem
machine.

Frank Peters