Re: [hylafax-users] virtual Modems won´t work

Hello Stefan,

>>>Currently, I´m trying hard to make sure, my hylafax server uses its
>>>Fritz!Classic like 4 different virtual Modems.
>
> Again, we are four in our community here and I want to make sure, that
> everyone has got his /her own head information (Fax-Number, Name
> etc.). receiving faxes on different numbers would work using the
> etc/users file, but when you send faxes, everybody will use the same
> information provided by the fax´s head line; and will use the
 > provided number to reply -> it would be received in the wrong queue.
 > I want them seperated.

you can modify each argument of the config-file when you call the
c2faxsend-command with the -c option. I had the same problem in my
installation and i got the final hint to the undocumented feature from
the avm-list. They should really build an archive!

Write a wrapper-script for c2faxsend and make this the "SendFaxCmd" in
the config-file.
Call c2faxsend with the options you want from this script.

What i haven't solved yet is modifying the FaxNumber and LocalIdentifier
for receiving as this is per device-configuration. In my case i defined
no FaxNumber and a uniform LocalIdentifier string that fits for all users.

I did the following:

-----wrap_c2faxsend ------------

#!/bin/bash
# Wrapper for c2faxsend to manipulate OutgoingMSN, DEVICE and FaxNumber
#
PARAMSTRING=""
DEVICE=""

while getopts ":l:p:c:m:" option
do
         case "$option" in
             l)  ;;
             p)  ;;
             c)  PARAMSTRING="$PARAMSTRING -c $OPTARG"
                 ;;
             m)  DEVICE="$OPTARG"
                 ;;
             *)  echo "ERROR : Falscher Parameter $OPTARG."
                 exit 1
                 ;;
          esac
done

PARAMSTRING=`echo $PARAMSTRING`

QFILE=`echo $@ | awk '{print $NF}'`
MAILADDR=`awk -F: /mailaddr/'{print $2}' /var/spool/fax/$QFILE`
MSN=`awk /$MAILADDR/'{print $1}' /var/spool/fax/etc/users`

if [ -z "$MSN" ]
    then
     MSN="999"
fi

if [ "$MSN" -lt "1000" ]
   then
    FAXNUM="+49.xxxxxxx.$MSN"
    MSN="111$MSN"
    DEVICE="S1C1B7"
   else
    FAXNUM="+49.xxxxxxx.$MSN"
    MSN="100$MSN"
fi

if [ -z "$PARAMSTRING" ]
    then
     PARAMSTRING="-c OutgoingMSN:$MSN -c FaxNumber:$FAXNUM"
    else
     PARAMSTRING="-c OutgoingMSN:$MSN -c FaxNumber:$FAXNUM $PARAMSTRING"
fi

/usr/local/bin/c2faxsend $PARAMSTRING -m $DEVICE $QFILE

-----end wrap_c2faxsend---------

Hope this helps.

--
Holger