Re: [hylafax-users] virtual Modems won´t work

> Currently, I´m trying hard to make sure, my hylafax server uses its
> Fritz!Classic like 4 different virtual Modems.

These are AVM-ISDN specific questions.
May be you should subscribe to the avm-list, too.
(echo subscribe linux-avmb1 | mail -s x majordomo@calle.in-berlin.de)

> First, I´ve edited my /var/spool/fax/etc/config.faxCAPI, like it´s
> displayed later. Then I´ve just rebooted the system and looked, what
> has happened. Now it has setup just one Modem (the last configured in
> /var/spool/fax/etc/config.faxCAPI, the others are ignored (not
> completely: I get a status message in /var/spool/fax/status/faxCAPI*.

Everything is OK. This is the "standard"-behaviour of Capi4HylaFAX. The
main config file is "config.faxCAPI", the others are just links to this
file.
You get status information, so they are recognized by HylaFAX.

For c2faxrecv only one line is neccessary in /etc/inittab. It handles
all B-Channels defined in config.faxCAPI.

What is the reason that you define 4 B-Channels while your
ISDN-Controller just has 2 ?
Can you send and receive fax ? (You already should!)
Please describe the goal!

--
Holger