Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFax/Suse8.1/Cannot reach Server at host 'localhost', Port 4556

On Wednesday 07 May 2003 15:42, Cam Coble wrote:

> In the terminal as root user on the server type:
> /etc/init.d/hylafax start

In SuSE installations, there is a symbolic link /usr/sbin/rc<servicename>,
which allows you to start, stop any service. So entering

        rchylafax start

from anywhere (as root) will start the HylaFAX server.

> This will start the daemon.
> In order to have it start up at boot you have to edit the runlevels in
> SuSE. 2 ways:
>
> Command line -
> chkconfig --level 35 hylafax on

In SuSE installations, the preferred way to insert or remove services is by
running

        insserv <servicename>

to enable a service at bootup and

        insserv -r <servicename>

to remove it. Do not specify the level, since this will be determined
automatically by insserv, which will keep track of order of starting up
services, based upon information in the startup script.

> or
>
> GUI - find the run level editor. Find the Hylafax daemon, and enable it to
> start at run levels 3 and 5 (check boxes).

Even in text mode, running YaST can also do this. Yet, in text mode, I find it
far easier to just type the 'insserv' command.

Best regards,
Arjen