Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFax/Suse8.1/Cannot reach Server at host 'localhost', Port 4556

> I realize that some part of HylaFax is not running (properly), but I am
> really not sure how to fix it :-). What entries do I have to make in what
> files to permanently rid myself of the problem? Or Shall I try
> re-installing HylaFax from another package?

In the terminal as root user on the server type:
/etc/init.d/hylafax start

This will start the daemon.
In order to have it start up at boot you have to edit the runlevels in SuSE.
2 ways:

Command line -
chkconfig --level 35 hylafax on

or

GUI - find the run level editor. Find the Hylafax daemon, and enable it to
start at run levels 3 and 5 (check boxes).

--
Cam Coble
IT Manager

 "any sufficiently advanced technology