Re: [hylafax-users] Received faxes (tiffs) can not be viewed

On Wednesday 07 May 2003 15:19, Vladimír Bobek wrote:

> > As you use hylafax 4.1.5 and gs is not installed, i suppose, that you
> > compiled the package from source (or the yast-installation has a
> > dependency failure!).
> No, I use SuSE rpm from the distribution!

Same here, ghostscript NOT installed, however HylaFAX is running fine. In SuSE
8.2 ghostscript-library is installed. That one is required by HylaFAX, not
ghostscript itself. The dependencies in the SuSE RPMs are correct, so
something else is wrong.

What DOES give a problem, is the fact that quite a number of TIFF viewers
cannot handle the different resolutions in X and Y directions for faxes
received in low resolution. I 'suffer' from the same. This is not nice, but
can be circumvented by converting the fax with 'tiff2ps'. The converted
PostScript files will be readable by most viewers.