Re: [hylafax-users] installing help

Kevin Metzger wrote:
> The short story is, after solaris pkgadd... # faxmodem term_b
> FIFO: open: No such device or address # faxsend ld.so.1: faxsend:
> fatal: libstdc++.so.2.10.0: open failed: No such file or
> directory Killed
>
> same for faxmodem /dev/term/b and faxmodem /dev/ttyb .
>

> The long version: For Solaris 8 on a E220R I got the
> HylaFAX-4.1.3-sparc.pkg and did the pkgadd.  I had to make some
> links
>
> # ln -s /opt/sfw/bin/gs /usr/local/bin/gs # ln -s /opt/sfw/share
> /usr/local/share
>
> and point faxsetup to gs
>
> # find /opt/sfw/share -name ghostscript
> /opt/sfw/share/ghostscript # # find /opt/sfw/bin -name gs
> /opt/sfw/bin/gs # faxsetup -with-TIFFBIN=/opt/sfw/bin
>
> and all went well until near the end with
>
> Are these ok [yes]? yes
>
> Creating new configuration file /var/spool/hylafax/etc/config...
>
> Restarting HylaFAX server processes. Should I restart the HylaFAX
> server processes [yes]? yes
>
> /etc/init.d/hylafax start HylaFAX:ld.so.1: /usr/local/sbin/faxq:
> fatal: libtiff.so: open failed: No such file or directory Killed
> faxqld.so.1: /usr/local/sbin/hfaxd: fatal: libtiff.so: open
> failed: No such file or directory Killed hfaxd (without old
> protocol & without SNPP support).
>
> So I copied # cp /usr/openwin/lib/libtiff.so /usr/lib/libtiff.so
>
> and am stuck at # faxmodem term_b FIFO: open: No such device or
> address # faxsend ld.so.1: faxsend: fatal: libstdc++.so.2.10.0:
> open failed: No such file or directory Killed
>
> anyone? I'm stuck.
>
> thanks.

Well, you have several choices, but I personally wouldn't copy stuff
over that way.  A better way would be to link each one (the real
version) into /usr/lib (or wherever).  If /usr/lib is empty, the
just link the whole libdir in.

I'm not sure, but you might need to add the other lib dirs to
ld.so.conf and run ldconfig.

On the device side, I'm not sure.  But I'm pretty sure the onboard
serial ports should be /dev/term/a and /dev/term/b.  If it still
barfs, then maybe you need to configure the ports first (ie, with
something like tty or setserial)

I'm not a SunOS or Solaris guy, but i just had to hook up to a Sparc
serial port and capture data...

HTH, Steve