Re: [hylafax-users] modem works with RedHat 7.3 but not RedHat 8.0

David Hodges wrote:

> Hmm, I have now tried a third RedHat 8.0 box (different hardware
> again) and the modem that didn't work
> on the other two does work on that one!
> The software is essentially the same on all three boxes as far as I
> can tell - a standard RedHat 8.0 install with very few modifications.
> They are all Pentiums - one of the ones that doesn't work is fairly
> old - a Pentium III
> 500 I think - and the other two boxes (one works and one doesn't) are
> both new  ( > 1 GHz) - all of the boxes
> were only lightly loaded at the time I performed the tests.
> I would still like to know why it doesn't work on 2 out of 3 RedHat
> 8.0 boxes...

Thanks to those who replied.
setserial spd_vhi low_latency fixed the fast new box.
adding "ModemFlowControl rtscts" fixed the old slow box (looking at the
lights, the modem appeared to be using hardware flow control while
Hylafax was using
software until I added that line).