Re: [hylafax-users] No communication at all

On 2003.04.25 00:06 "Vig, Sandor (G/FI-2)" wrote:

> Thanks for your answer. The problem was,
> that the faxgetty wasn't in the inittab.
> Now, it's fully functional.

> p.s.: It's a little bit disturbing, that there wasn't any
> logs or man/html pages to help me solve this problem.
> I think a step-by-step troubleshooting guide would be
> usefull for newbees like me. ;o)

It shouldn't be disturbing.  This is well-documented.

http://www.hylafax.org/howto/install.html#ss2.2  (see 2.2.5 & 2.2.7)
http://www.hylafax.org/howto/install.html#ss2.3  (see 2.3.1.4 & 2.3.1.6)
http://www.hylafax.org/howto/using.html#ss3.2
http://www.hylafax.org/howto/help.html#ss8.2
http://www.hylafax.org/man/faxgetty.html (the faxgetty man page)

My guess is that you didn't read the instructions before you started
pressing buttons.

There's plenty of step-by-step documentation for newbies, but there is
nothing for newbies who don't read.

Lee.