Re: [hylafax-users] Anyone using Multitech MultiModem USB? (also:USB Update Included)

On Mon, 2003-04-14 at 06:23, Bill Binko wrote:
<snip>
> I am now faced with a difficult decision.  Since I just ordered a very small
> appliance-type (Micro-ITX) pc to drive this (assuming that some USB would
> work), I would very much like to stick to USB.  The only major vendor I have
> not tried (only because I could not find them locally) was Multitech.
>
> Multitech has two USB modems, the MutiMobile (which I highly doubt will work,
> as it is a controllerless design) and the MultiModem USB, which MIGHT work,
> given the success others on this list have had with Multitech products.
>
> Has anyone gotten the MultiModem USB to work with multiple modems under
> Hylafax and Linux?  I am happy to overnight one in if I have any hope that it
> will work (note the lack of faith here).  Otherwise, I will RMA the appliance
> PC (minus 15% restock) and purchase a machine with 6PCI slots and drop in PCI
> modems.

Does your micro-ITX (different from mini-iTX?) have a pci slot? If so,
you could add a riser card and plug in a pci modem. I _think_ there is
an external serial port so how about an external serial modem?

Stephen