From: Ian Firla [mailto:ian@deepsky.com]
Sent: 14 March 2003 10:17
To: Matt Darnell
Cc: hylafax-users@hylafax.org
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] smbfax puzzle

Thanks for the response. Indeed, it does work. What a rot though.

Anyone know why this happens? It's a pretty ugly error to get and to
explain to a non-technical user that they should ignore the error is a
pretty ugly hack.

I've now got two nearly identical systems set up. On one, I'm able to
connect windows clients without an error... on the other... I get the
error but, as you say, one can fax without a problem.

Best,

Ian

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Matt Darnell wrote:

> We always get that error when we access the printer directly.  It still
> works though.
>
> -Matt

Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed

+++-==============-==============-==========================================

+++-==============-==============-==========================================
> ==
> > ii  samba          2.2.3a-12      A LanManager like file and printer
> > server fo
> > un  samba-client   <none>         (no description available)
> > ii  samba-common   2.2.3a-12      Samba common files used by both the
> > server a
> > ii  samba-doc      2.2.3a-12      Samba documentation.
> >
> > Any help or advice on what I've missed would be appreciated.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Ian

> > Dr Ian Firla
> > Robert Graves Trust | "A partial count of the software available
> > St John's College, Oxford       | in just one noncommerical Linux system
> > OX1 3JP - +44-(0)7855-310565 | would have cost about $1.9 billion to
> develop
> > http://www.robertgraves.org | ... the way Microsoft does it" Bruce
Perens

sales@hylafax.org.*