Re: [hylafax-users] DDI (direct dial in) on Hylafax

On 2003.03.11 06:17 hylafax wrote:

> I thought I saw something in the past about having senders enter a
> 'mailbox' code when they send a fax, similar to dialing an extension.
> This feature needs to be supportable by the fax card.

This is called *subaddressing*.  HylaFAX supports it in Class 1 and
also in Class 2 if the modem firmware does also.

In order for it to work the *sender* needs to actually send subaddress
data during the call.  Unless you're capable of controlling the
sender's environment (office-to-office communication, by request, etc.)
then this isn't very useful.  I've not found many fax machines out
there that will actually *send* subaddressing data.  Most new ones
receive it, though.

Anyway, it would be hard to get subaddressing to work in lieu of DID.

Lee.