Re: [hylafax-users] Welcome!

On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 16:53:48 -0500
Darren Nickerson <darren.nickerson@ifax.com> wrote:

> Frank,
>
> Welcome to hylafax-users, and to the HylaFAX community.
>
> Do you use HylaFAX?
>
> -Darren
>
> --
> Darren Nickerson
> Senior Sales & Support Engineer
> iFax Solutions, Inc. www.ifax.com
> darren.nickerson@ifax.com
> +1.215.438.4638

I use HylaFAX to send all my faxes from my Linux box.

Being a single user on a stand-alone, desk-top system, HylaFAX
may seem a  bit too complex for my needs, but I've tried the
other Open Source fax alternatives, namely efax and mgetty-sendfax,
and only HylaFAX gives consistently good results.  The other programs
often fail with certain fax machines whereas HylaFAX does not.

After studying the documentation, I've managed to configure HylaFAX
to perform nicely for my simple needs.

HylaFAX is the only Open Source fax program that supports the
newer Super G3 protocol, and I've just acquired a Multitech
MT5634ZPX-PCI modem that has this capability.

The only complaint I have with HylaFAX is that for my stand-alone
system, i.e. no networking, there is no easy way to monitor the
progress of a fax job.  But the benefits of HylaFAx certainly
outweigh this minor inconvenience.

Frank Peters