Re: [hylafax-users] Remote receipt of fax

On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 02:41, Holger Raschke wrote:

> > I probably should not have brought up the barcodes at all.
> >
> > The problem is to receive a fax at a remote hylafax server and forward
> > it over the network to the main hylafax server and have it processed as
> > a received fax.
>
> The problem is, that you are stuck on HylaFAX doing the job with
> restrictions on using nfs or samba. There won't be a solution this way!
> May be, your boss is the problem, as he wants this.
>
> HylaFAX is able to receive a fax and passes the information to faxrcvd
> or whatever script you want. You are free to modify faxrcvd in any way
> to solve your problem. You can even do special handling based on all
> parameters that are passed to the script and are usually used for
> email-based routing.

Yes, HylaFAX is able to receive fax as you mention, but only through a
local modem. If it "receives" a fax via a network client it expects to
send it out.

> So why don't you transfer the remote tiff-files via ftp to a directory
> on your main server? Watch this directory for new files and call faxrcvd
> with all parameters neccessary (including the tiff file).

My suggestion was to 'scp' the files across and use 'ssh' to pass it to
faxrcvd with the proper params.

--
Randal Jarrett
randalj@hhsys.org

attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of
the original message.