Re: [hylafax-users] Remote receipt of fax

The fax server handles specialized faxes with bar codes on them that are
read by a program on that system.  The faxes from the remote that is
having problems come in gabbled and unusable due to phone line problems
that we cannot do anything about.

What I want to do is to put a server on remote site that is connected to
their phone switch and our network.  This eliminates external phone line
problems.  I have the remote hylafax server forwarding the faxes to the
primary server using sendfax.  This works except that the main hylafax
server then wants to send this fax out.  I need some way of making this
fax look like it came from one of the local modems.  I tried sending it
out through a modem back to itself which will work but is not a very
good method and ties up two modems.

It is easy to make the remote server act as a client and forward the
incoming fax (using sendfax) to the main server for sending but I could
not find a way to forward it and make it act as if it was received with
one of the local modem pool.

Randal

On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 01:58, Holger Raschke wrote:
> > Does anyone know how I can get receive a fax on one server, send it over
> > the network to the other server and have it act on it as if it were just
> > received and send it to faxrcvd without going outside of hylafax?
>
> I didn't get the point, why the fax should be handled by faxrcvd on your
> local server instead of remote.
> Don't you use routing via email?
> In case of yes give the remote site a local/internal phone number, to
> which hylafax is connected. Let the remote site send the faxes from
> their fax machine internally to the (remote) fax server. (remote)
> faxrcvd gets it and converts it to an email attachment, which is sent to
> you.
> --
> holger

Randal Jarrett
randalj@hhsys.org
Information Technology
Huntsville Hospital
Phone 256-864-4755 (desk)  256-755-0505 (cell)
Fax 256-864-4505

attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of
the original message.