Re: [hylafax-users] urgent help - faxes received late

Junk Mail wrote:
> hello
>
> i need major urgent help here.
>
> i got hylafax set up on manrake 9.0 and its running and all.
> but i got a serious problem: assuming the server hasnt been touched by anyone in 2/3 hours and its gone past the screensaver mode and into the monitor standby mode and all programs/services are working (internet connection sharing is also on this server, etc) and a fax is recieved at 12pm.
> the fax is not delivered to the users email until someone moves the mouse on the server?!. this could be at 9pm or 9am next day!!!
>
> can someone pls. help? its now very VERY urgent for me to fix it ASAP. any ideas are extremely welcome.
>
> thx
>
> Nb: what i had done was to setup a user to recieve all faxes and the email client (kmail) forwards all faxes to other users. i dont even know if this is the correct setup but it works for me

kmail is not a mail relayer,
you'd better use procmail instead and you won't have any more
problem with the X screensaving.

Or if you really insist, look at the manpage of the xset command and turn off the dpms
and shutdown the screensaver of course.