[hylafax-users] Sender Name through Samba Print Job

Hello,

Today I have two issues about the 'faxstat' program.

ISSUE #1
--------

We use Hylafax with two primary methods of submission.

1.  Faxing from Windows clients through a network printer, through the
"Respond" program, through printfax.pl and then out to Hylafax.

2.  Faxing from within our Unix based ERP system, which uses the Hylafax
client tools.

Our Unix ERP system is on a box named 'megatron,' and our Hylafax server
is on a box named 'jerome.'  If a user submits a job from megatron,
executing the following command:

	sendfax -n -h jerome -f adam@sageautomation.com -m -d 99999999
/tmp/fb14026.ps

The job is submitted to the host jerome, and the fax is sent.  When
running 'faxstat -d' the fax will show up, and the username specified
with -f will appear.

**

On our Windows clients using RESPOND, the jobs are spooled to jerome and
then RESPOND kicks in giving 'sendfax' the information it requires to
send the job on its merry way.  A sendfax command looks like this when
it is generated:

	/usr/local/bin/sendfax -f user -r user -n -d 88888888
smbprn.000457.QuaVa0

But look at the difference in output from 'faxstat -d' :

	279  127 D   adam 99999999      1:1   1:12
	282  127 D nobody 88888888      7:7   1:12

The job submitted by the sendfax client tools recorded the username of
"adam."  The job submitted by Windows did not, however each respective
sendfax command issued should be giving enough information to Hylafax
for it to record this information.

ISSUE #2
--------

Has anyone used the JobFmt features?

Is a customized JobFmt something that is handled on submission?  My
gripe is that the output displayed by 'faxstat' is not sufficient for
two reasons.  Firstly, because the username width is six characters, and
any users with longer usernames have their characters cut off.
Secondly, the "Status" column is also cut off, displaying results like
"Busy signal detected; too".

Can I change this?  I have set up a php page on our Intranet which grabs
the output from faxstat -d, but because things are cut off, it doesn't
come out nicely.  This also relates to the above problem of usernames
not being carried across, because the 'nobody' username makes it more
difficult to interpret the fax summary.  I would also like it to output
a date and time.

Any suggestions?

--
Adam Smith