Re: [hylafax-users] Modem detecting distinctive rings...

Quoting Graham Voce <gravety@hotmail.com>:

> > If you don't have/need CID information, you could use the
> RingExtended
> > option: "RingExtended:  DRON=1". This option allows extra character in
> the
> > string (which is supposed to represend the CID information). It will
> report
> > the DRON line as CIDNumber and CIDName but should work otherwise. You
> may
> > want to set the +VDR to 1,0 so as to not get RING as well as DRON if
> you
> > don't want the other line to be answered...
>
> Thanks Patrice!  But i'm not quite sure how this works (as I cannot find
> any reference to it in the man pages!!!) can you elaborate?

It is in the hylafax-config man page. If you don't find it explained
there, you may need to upgrade your version of HylaFAX as it appeared in
version 4.1.4.

> Does it filter out all rings except ones that have the "DRON=1*" flag??
> So that you would not need the 'RingFax' command as any calls from
> numbers that generate a "DRON=2/3/4/5*" would be ignored anyway?

If you set your modem to not report normal RING but only the DRON/DROF,
HylaFAX will catch the DRON=1* and wouldn't recognize the other DRON
values. It will thus only answer on DRON=1*. (but you really need to turn
off RING reporting as those will be recognized as RING and HylaFAX will
answer all lines)

--
Patrice Fournier
pfournier@loups.net