[hylafax-users] Appendix to my earlier mail...

Hello!

Meanwhile it is really strange. I have tested now THREE different computers
and TWO different modems with TWO different SuSE versions (7.0 and 8.0).

The result is always the same:
------------------------------
o  I can receive FAXes without any problem.
o  When I try to send a FAX to one of my old HylaFAX servers (Hylafax which
   came with SuSE 5.2, running on SuSE 5.2), I loose roughly 2cm of the page
   in small stripes, the rest if clearely visible.
o  When I try the same with my CANON FAX machine as target, I loose nearely
   50% of the page. The remaining image stripes have a height of roughly 1cm
   and are clearely visible.

Somebody out there who has a solution for that?

I would like to continue with the old 5.2/5.3 versions of SuSE, but they have
problems with harddisks bigger than 8GB. Also, they start to become a problem
with new hardware, so I am more or less forced to change to newer
distributions of Linux.

I will be happy to hear/read somebodie's answers. - Thanks in advance.

mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch

--
      \\|//           Ing. Rainer HANTSCH  -  Hardware + Software
      (o o)           Forget Windoze! -- We focus on L-I-N-U-X...