Re: [hylafax-users] Modem detecting distinctive rings...

> If you don't have/need CID information, you could use the RingExtended
> option: "RingExtended:  DRON=1". This option allows extra character in the
> string (which is supposed to represend the CID information). It will report
> the DRON line as CIDNumber and CIDName but should work otherwise. You may
> want to set the +VDR to 1,0 so as to not get RING as well as DRON if you
> don't want the other line to be answered...
>

> --
> Patrice Fournier
> pfournier@loups.net

Thanks Patrice!  But i'm not quite sure how this works (as I cannot find any reference to it in the man pages!!!) can you elaborate?

Does it filter out all rings except ones that have the "DRON=1*" flag?? So that you would not need the 'RingFax' command as any calls from numbers that generate a "DRON=2/3/4/5*" would be ignored anyway?

Thanks...