Re: [hylafax-users] newbie modem wedged

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Mikevl wrote:
| Hi
| I'm a bit of a newbie to Hylafax. It seems to be a bit of a struggle to get
| it going for the first time. Yes I RTFM multiple times.
|
| At the moment I am getting messages about Modem on ttyS1 is wedged. I
| mistakenly configured this modem when it should have been on ttyS0. I have a
| Redhat 7.2 system.
|
| What file do I edit to get rid of the ttyS1 definition?

Taht's easy:
------------

Usually, HylaFAX is stored somewhere in /var/spool/fax/. There you will find
an  ./etc/  subdirectory, which holds all config files, including the
following file when you ran 'faxaddmodem' for ttyS0:   config.ttyS0

Simply rename this file to config.ttyS1 and you are done!

You should not forget to also edit /etc/inittab, where a line exists, which
contains something like:
# fax getty (hylafax)
mo:35:respawn:/usr/lib/fax/faxgetty /dev/ttyS0

Here you also have to change /dev/ttyS0 -> /dev/ttyS1

After this, it is easiest to restart the whole linux box if you are not
familiar with restarting hylafax and faxgetty manually. At startup, the modem
should show some activity and then DTR should remain ON. --> Ready to use.

ps.: If you want to run two modems in parallel, you can also simply copy the
config.ttySx file to the other modem's tty-Portname instead of running the
whole faxaddmodem repeatedly, as long as you use identical modems. (Of course,
you should also add another line in /etc/inittab, but the part 'mo:' must be
altered, too. (i.e. mo1: mo2: ...).

mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch

--
      \\|//           Ing. Rainer HANTSCH  -  Hardware + Software
      (o o)           Forget Windoze! -- We focus on L-I-N-U-X...