Re: [hylafax-users] how to set calling party number ?

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 10:32:23PM +0100, Markus Storm wrote:
>
>>Well, I turned faxsend into a script that modifies the "FAXNumber" line
>>in /var/spool/hylafax/etc/confix.ttyx0 per-call.
>>
>>This sort of works, but the CID is apparently only transmitted within
>>T.30, not on the ISDN level.
>>So I can see it at the receiver's end in the fax header
>>but I can NOT see it as the originator of my H.323 call
>>(which is what I really want - for accounting purposes).
>>
>>So I'm not there yet. Thanks anyway,
>

> And I'm not sure you can get there.

Well I just got there :)

  It depends quite a lot on the
> switch you're talking to.  Check the comp.dcom.telecom archives (and
> also .tech on GoojaNews); we did this about 2 years ago.
>
> Keywords would be "CNID spoof"

Well, you should rather do it on the end device.
The solution was to implement an extended AT command in t38modem.
Thanks to Vyacheslav Frolov who did this in record time.

Thanks anyway,
Markus