Re: [hylafax-users] Making modem "down" for a period of a time under dual-modem system/ Broadcasting

Quoting Giulio Orsero <giulioo@pobox.com>:

> With cron I on/off the 2 modems.
>
> #!/bin/sh
> FAXMODEM=/usr/sbin/faxmodem
> FAXSTATE=/usr/sbin/faxstate
>
> if [ "$1" = "on" ]; then
>     $FAXMODEM -u 202 -c '(0,1),(0-5),(0-4),(0-2),(0,1),(0),(0),(0-7)'
> ttyS1
>     $FAXMODEM -u 203 -c '(0,1),(0-5),(0-4),(0-2),(0,1),(0),(0),(0-7)'
> ttyS0
>     $FAXSTATE -s ready -n ttyS1
>     $FAXSTATE -s ready -n ttyS0
> elif [ "$1" = "off" ]; then
>     $FAXSTATE -s down -n ttyS1
>     $FAXSTATE -s down -n ttyS0
> else
>     echo "$0 [on | off]"
>     exit 1
> fi

Are your jobs always finished when you turn down your modems? I remember
seeing (and changing in my local copy) HylaFAX setting a modem to ready
everytime it finishes a job (because it doesn't know if you are using
faxgetty and if not, nothing else will set the modem to ready) thus making
such a setup not working for me. I couldn't set a modem down until all jobs
were finished. And I believe if the modem is used to receive jobs, it will
also turn back on after successfully receiving a job and send all waiting
jobs before it could be turned off again (which would be done automatically
if faxgetty is used).

This is all from memory, and I may have remembered things wrong.

--
Patrice Fournier
pfournier@loups.net