Re: [hylafax-users] Making modem "down" for a period of a time under dual-modem system/ Broadcasting

On 2002.06.19 13:09 Giulio Orsero wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:52:16 +0000, "Daten Tod" <datentod@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >with no results. The only lame solution I could come up with is to use
> cron
> >to kill all hylafax proccesses, remove the config.cuaa1 file from /etc/
> and
> >modify /etc/ttys. Restart Hylafax & ttys. Then 8 hours later reverse the
>
> >proccess.
> >

> I've a similar setup. The broadcast modems are not managed by faxgetty.
> With cron I on/off the 2 modems.

(using faxmodem and faxstate)

> faxgetty would reinit the modem and sets it ready.

If you wanted to use faxgetty you could use faxconfig, although in
practice I've never seen it done.

faxconfig -m devid ModemReadyState D

My tests don't show this to work, though.  It falls into "Server"
parameters rather than "Modem" parameters, and that may be the issue.  Not
sure there... for that matter I'm not even sure faxconfig works at all.

So if this doesn't work you'd have to alter the config.devid file and
restart the faxgetty process. :-(

Lee.