Re: [hylafax-users] faxcron problems?

additional search keywords: faxcron reports zeros reporting report zero

a bit late to the discussion here, but I solved my identical problem by changing the ownership of etc/xferfaxlog to
fax:uucp  (the fax user and group, in my case).

my fresh install of hylafax-4.1.2 from source (replacing a cranky debian 2.2.r3 binary install) on slackware 8 running
kernel 2.4.5 had the ownership:group of the file etc/xferfaxlog set to root:root.  I left the permissions unchanged at
0644

I also created the etc/lastrun file (when I noticed that it was missing, even after repeatedly running faxcron) and set
its ownership to root:root and permissions to 0644.

After these two steps, the jobs began appearing in etc/xferfaxlog and faxcron started reporting the results.

I believe there is something amiss with the install script.

Cheers!
d.

procadas@creditus.pt wrote:

> HI guys. I delayed my post for a day to see if faxcron is having problems
> or not. Well, xferfaxlog permissions are ok, the records are there, but the
> output from faxcon is "empty". A C&P of the email notification
>
> Facsimile transmitted since 03/12/02 04:02:
>
> Sender           Pages      Time Pg/min  Errs TypRate TypData
> Total                0      0:00    0.0     0
>
> Facsimile transmitted since last week:
>
> Sender           Pages      Time Pg/min  Errs TypRate TypData
> Total                0      0:00    0.0     0
>
> Facsimile received since 03/12/02 04:02:
>
> Sender          Pages     Time Pg/min Errs TypRate TypData
> Total               0     0:00    0.0    0
>
> Facsimile received since last week:
>
> Sender          Pages     Time Pg/min Errs TypRate TypData
> Total               0     0:00    0.0    0
>
> Report failed calls and associated session logs:
>
> Purge remote device capabilities older than 30 days:
>     info/351xxxxxxx (saving locked down values)
>     info/351xxxxxx (saving locked down values)
>
> <snipped>
>
> Purge session logs older than 30 days:
>     Remove log/c00009464
>     Remove log/c00009465
>     Remove log/c00009466
>     Remove log/c00009467
>
> <snipped>
>
> In our server we are sending 300+  jobs and receiveing 900+ pages per day.
> Should I rerun faxsetup?
>
> Pedro Roçadas (procadas@creditus.pt)
> Dptº Informática,BPN-Créditus Technical Staff

Derek Shaw
Victoria, BC.
email address is a bit-bucket. Substitute derekshaw for he.is