Re: [hylafax-users] General Hylafax Question

Lee,

Depending on what distribution you are running, installing Hylafax can be
quite easy. As for using it, I haven't found any definitive way of using it.
A lot depends on you needs. In my very limited experience, I've found that
if you want full fax management, fax merges, etc, then a client heavy system
works well. Something like Cypheus, or WHFC if you don't want a commercial
package.

If you want a lightweight solution, I really like Respond. It's a small
application that sits in your taskbar, and you setup a printer (via Samba),
and when you print to the printer, a windows pops up and asks for the fax
number. It's very easy to use, and the client side software is a standalone
exe, so no configuration or installation is needed. Check out
http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue79/fraile.html for a nice example. However,
you don't get any fax management options, like viewing sent faxes, etc.

As for email-to-fax, that is something I have never tried, so I can't
comment on it.

Erick