Re: [hylafax-users] Fax forwarding question

On 2002.06.13 06:36 Charles Roy wrote:

> Jun 13 09:09:29 valernfileserver FaxGetty[907]: RECV FAX (00000268):
> recvq/fax00268.tif from Fax, route to <unspecified>,
> 2 pages in 0:33
>
> I wonder if the "route to <unspecified>" is the problem.  I upgrades to
> 4.1.2 (from 4.1.1) to make sure it was not a version problem.

Nope.  As Guilio mentioned already, "route to <unspecified>" means that
the sender did not specify a subaddress during transmission.  This is
actually quite normal.

> I have a FaxDispatch file and it works if I just use usernames locally.
>
> ie:
> FILETYPE=tif;
> SENTO=wbrown,root;
>
> But if I try to send to an external Email account the message is never
> received.
> ie:
> FILETYPE=tif;
> SENDTO=someone@somedomain.com;
>
> Any thoughts on where I should be looking?

I'd start looking at your /var/log/maillog, /etc/resolv.conf, or your
sendmail configuration.

Lee.