Re: [hylafax-users] Cypheus problems

Gary,

> 1. I can not get it to let me delete a fax. I click 'delete',
> the screen refreshes, but it is still there. No error in any
> log that I can find, it just ignores me.

HylaFAX doesn't let "normal" users delete any fax except their own
outbox/sent faxes. You have to add an admin with "faxadduser" (on
the server) and enter admin user and admin password (and check
"login as admin") on Cypheus login dialog. Please note, that
"faxadduser" writes the new user at the end of the file
etc/hosts.hfaxd. If there is already an IP range for the clients,
please open it and move the admin at the top of it (and below the
local server IP). AFAIK, HylaFAX reads hosts.hfaxd from top to
bottom and stops after finding the first match.

> 2. I can not get the phonebook to connect to a Sybase ASA
> database using the ODBC connections. I use the ODBC connection
> in other programs so I know it is fine. Cypheus keeps telling
> me I have the wrong user/pwd.

Would you please send me the file <Cypheus program folder>\Error.log
to my e-mail address. I will take a look at it and maybe I find out,
what's going wrong. If you have a ADO connection string you are
using with other programs, please send it, too.

> 3. Where can I find documentation/examples of how to set it
> up with lots of users? permissions, settings, etc.

I've build a little tool which is able to export/import settings. So
you may save settings of one workstation to a file and import it on
all other workstations.
User permissions are stored in a MySQL table. You can enter each
user at Settings -> System -> User settings. Please note, that you
have to connect each workstation to the MySQL database. All settings
are listed in the help file.

Best Regards
Bodo

Bodo Noering Consulting
Zur Alten Faehre 23 . D-45219 Essen
Phone +49-2054-971790 . Fax +49-2054-971791
bn@urania.com . http://www.urania.com

Highend Fax: HylaFAXR (www.hylafax.org)
and Cypheus (www.cypheus.de)