[hylafax-users] Not answering - some funny responces

Any help here would be great!

My file config.ttyS1 has the following

RingsBeforeAnswer:      0

and I have run faxgetty -D ttyS1 on a root account of the machine.

when I type the following I get the error output as shown.

hammer:/etc/hylafax# faxanswer ttyS1
dev_FIFO.ttyS1: open: No such file or directory

When I use faxstate I get the following output

hammer:/etc/hylafax# faxstate ttyS1
dev/FIFO.ttyS1: open: Device not configured

Funny thing is that I can send faxes with the sendfax command.  As far
as sending goes everything seems OK.
I ran faxsetup and answered all of the prompts.  I also ran faxaddmodem
ttyS1.  Is there something I have missed?

Thanks ahead of time.

MTY