Re: [hylafax-users] The modem is not picking up a caller's number.

Hi all,

Firstly, many thanks for all the responses I have received today, your help
and support is sincerely appreciated. Following your suggestions I checked
with our telco about whether caller-id was set to 'on', and after saying
'yeah, sure'. I asked our sister company to send us a fax. Suprise suprise,
it worked perfectly. Suffice to say the telco has been slapped into shape
and we are now back on track, they switched it on now.

Apart from that I'm still having problems getting it to use the
/var/spool/hylafax/etc/FaxDispatch file. Permissions are set so it will
execute and it is in the appropriate directory (the one with the config.tty*
files). I'm going to just keep working at that one as I feel a bit
embarrassed at what the previous error was actually caused by! ;)

Again, many thanks.

Adrian.