Re: [hylafax-users] USR Message Modem fax storage ability

Hi Alain,

First I used the windows software to switch *off* the automatic
answering of fax and / or voice calls, to make it a normal
modem. Otherwise the modem itself would take the call and not
HylaFax.

Then I used some terminal program to reset the modem to
the factory parameters and set some other settings:
(do not input comments after '#')

AT &F1 <CR>      # factory settings with flow control
AT M0 <CR>       # optional, switch off modem speaker
AT &W0 <CR>      # write settings into flash ram #0
AT Y0 <CR>       # set modem to use flash config #0 on reset

AT I4 <CR>       # display information
U.S. Robotics 56K Message Settings...

   B0  E1  F1  L2  M0  Q0  V1  X4  Y0
   SPEED=115200  PARITY=N  WORDLEN=8
   DIAL=TONE    OFF LINE   CID=0

   &A3  &B1  &C1  &D2  &H1  &I0  &K1
   &M4  &N0  &P0  &R2  &S0  &T5  &U0  &Y1

   S00=000  S01=000  S02=043  S03=013  S04=010  S05=008  S06=004
   S07=060  S08=002  S09=006  S10=014  S11=072  S12=050  S13=000
   S15=000  S16=000  S18=000  S19=000  S21=010  S22=017  S23=019
   S25=005  S27=001  S28=008  S29=020  S30=000  S31=128  S32=002
   S33=000  S34=000  S35=000  S36=014  S38=000  S39=012  S40=000
   S41=004  S42=000

   LAST DIALLED #:

OK

Then I added the modem using the faxaddmodem command and leaving
all the default values. As I use Suse 7.2 my serial port has an alias
called 'modem'. So the config file is called config.modem.

I edited this file and switched the Flow control to 'rtscts' and the
baud rate to 115200.

Without the flow control command it did take the call but usually stalled
somewhere in the middle of the transmission with a lot of trash bytes
in the logfile.

Following you will find my complete 'config' and 'config.modem' files,
with the personal numbers 'x'-ed out. Surely some 'finetunig' will be
possible, but I didn't go into that so far.

Be careful, I used the 'QualifyTSI:  etc/tsi' switch, so the etc/tsi file
has to exist with some reasonable settings. If you don't need it just
comment it out.

good luck

Holger