Re: [hylafax-users] i hope this isn't a daft question....

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 04:55:26PM +0000,
   Nigel Spowage - Development - Leeds wrote:
> i've installed the binary package for hylafax 4.0 for sunos5.5 and i'm
> having trouble configuring inbound fax reception.
>
> specifically, i don't seem to have a faxgetty program anywhere. all
> the docs say that it should be in /usr/sbin or /usr/local/sbin, but it
> doesn't appear to be in either of those places.

Hmmm... I'm not sure where the SunOS build puts it.  We have a Polaris
guy floating around the list somewhere, but I no longer remember who it
is...

> i used the binary package because i'm currently not setup to build
> hylafax. also i'm using 4.0 instead of the latest as there wasn't a
> binary package for the latest version on the web site.

I hope that's 4.0pl2 (or what I would call 4.0.2, but no one asked
me... :-)... but even that is nearly cripplingly old these days --
there's a *lot* of fixed stuff in 4.2.0.

> the only concern i've got is that i'm using sunos5.6, and the binary
> package is for sunos5.5. however, the binaries appear to work fine,
> and the package installer didn't complain about installing this verion
> so i'm guessing it isn't too much of a problem.

I don't know Slowlaris well enough to say that's safe as assumptions
go...  there may be library issues, and such.

Did you do a find(1), looking for the binary?

Cheers,
-- jra

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")