Re: [hylafax-users] Windows client

On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 09:59:11AM -0700, Lee Howard wrote:
> At 10:28 AM 11/14/01 -0500, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> >The only limitation I'm aware of, which seems universal, is that if you
> >want to *combine* output pages from different applications into one
> >faxjob, you're out of luck.  You'll have to pull them all together into
> >some program which can import all the different files.
>
> RelayFax is really an email-to-fax client, although it is also
> Windows-printer driven.  RelayFax allows the attachment of an indefinite
> number of attachments to the e-mail.  I use this feature all the time to
> send Postscript, TIFF, and PDF documents in addition to the document I'm
> printing.  (Obviously, attaching MS-Word docs won't do much good since
> HylaFAX hasn't a clue how to do that.)
>
> Any reasonably programmed email-to-fax client will probably behave the same.

Well, maybe.  What *I'm* looking for, there, though, is the ability to
tell the fax-to-printer client "begin batch", and instead of it
creating a fax job immediately, have it start piling the printed pages
into a job file.  Then, you you get to the last item, give you a list,
let you do any last minute re-arranging, and *then* create the fax job
and ship it to the server.

Perhaps, with Uli's GPLing of the WHFC source (and Woo Hoo! to
Transcom for that, BTW) some hotshot Windows programmer (a description
which does not fit me at all :-) will take a swing at that.

Cheers,
-- jra

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")