Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFAX performance vs regular fax machine.

At 07:13 PM 9/4/01 -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

>I'm fairly sure the MultiTech's can, but Lee?  Isn't that in the code
>rather than the modem, in Class 1?  Or did Joe say that he was in Class
>2?  [ looks ]  I see that his log says he's in Class 2.

In this case the limitation is due to his +FDCC command.  That may be
caused by an actual modem restriction, or because of a config setting.
It's definitely not caused by the default prototype config, though.

>If not, you might try re-installing the modem in Class 1 and see if
>*that* helps.  Lee?  Does the howto have anything on what you have to
>do to rm a modem?

To reinstall the modem with a different Class, you simply re-run
faxaddmodem and choose the other Class.  That's documented somewhere... yeah:

http://www.hylafax.org/howto/help.html#ss8.3

Lee.