Re: [hylafax-users] Egetty Not Found

On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 07:20:01PM -0600, SoloCDM wrote:
> Lee Howard stated the following:
> > At 03:45 AM 8/25/01 -0600, SoloCDM wrote:
> > >Recently, I executed faxsetup and it required egetty, but
> >
> > faxsetup doesn't require egetty.  Re-read the message.
>
> If egetty is not the getty program, is there a getty program required
> by HylaFAX?

No.

The impact of that message in the installation is that *if you're
planning on using a datagetty behind faxgetty for data calls* then you
might not have one, since egetty isn't there.

> FYI:  This HylaFAX installation was done with an RPM; therefore, would
> a link to mgetty be necessary *or* work?

You don't need to link it; what HylaFAX runs is configurable.

Cheers,
-- jra

   "Usenet (and fanfic): it's enough to make you loose your mind."
     -- me