Re: [hylafax-users] Eicon Diva Server PRI as fax server?

Hello,

yan@cardinalengineering.com (Yan Seiner) writes:

> I think I have identified the product I need to get my fax server
> working.  It's the eicon diva isdn/pri pci card.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with this card or eicon in general?  I
> have one of their low-end ISDN/BRI routers, and it's a piece of junk,
> but it may not be representative of their high-end stuff.  (3com's
> low-end ISDN router is an even worse piece of junk than Eicon's.)
>
> Before I drop a big chunk of change for something that may not work, has
> anyone worked with eicon and tried to get their stuff working with
> hylafax?  It has capi 2 support, and it looks good on paper.

No experience but .../doc/packages/i4l/README.eicon says

Supported Cards
===============
DIVA Server family
------------------
- DIVA Server BRI/PCI 2M
- DIVA Server PRI/PCI 2M (9M 23M 30M)
        supported functions of onboard DSPs:
        - analog modem
        - fax group 2/3 (Fax Class 2 commands)
        - DTMF detection
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

and ../doc/packages/i4l/README.fax

Fax with isdn4linux
===================

When enabled during kernel configuration, the tty emulator
of the ISDN subsystem is capable of the Fax Class 2 commands.

This only makes sense under the following conditions :

- You need the commands as dummy, because you are using
  hylafax (with patch) for AVM capi.
- You want to use the fax capabilities of your isdn-card.
  (supported cards are listed below)

Supported ISDN-Cards
--------------------

Eicon DIVA Server BRI/PCI
        - full support with both B-channels.

Eicon DIVA Server PRI/PCI
        - full support on amount of B-channels
                depending on DSPs on board.

The command set is known as Class 2 (not Class 2.0) and
can be activated by AT+FCLASS=2

-Dieter

--
Dieter Kluenter